Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ready to Be There

Have you ever had one of those moments when you feel that life is moving just a little too slowly and you feel so impatient that you wish you could find a fast forward button?
Well, that hasn’t been just a moment for me it’s been the last few months.
I know that for everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1) but I am ready for this one to pass because it is just so frustrating.
I want to be out there doing social work and really making a difference, not just trying to make my mind about intellectual questions; not that that isn’t worth while, I’m just ready for some work. While I do believe in being educated about your chosen field, I think there is only so much you can learn in a classroom or from a book. The majority of my big decisions are going to be made not based on theories I learned in grad school, but based on experiences of what has worked in the past, my knowledge of resources, my own intuition and God’s providential guidance. That last one isn’t something they teach you about in the College of Social Work either (yet it boggles my mind that I am paying for this education).
I pray that God will give me patience to get through these remaining two years of my degree without going totally insane. Who knows, maybe a little insanity will do me some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment