Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring and other touristy things

I decided to take a trip to Charleston yesterday on a whim. I love photography, but haven't been able to spend much time on it since my hand surgery in December. Being still unsure of my hand strength, I decided to take two disposable cameras with me as a test run to see if I can hold onto a camera without dropping it. Thankfully it went well. I am posting some of the pictures I took yesterday. Enjoy!
With the sights and sounds of the Market...

                                    This is Jim. He plays at the Market regularly.
                                          X marks the spot!
No trip to Charleston is complete without a shot of Market wares.
                                                It was hard turning down free samples...
      Then I spied St. Philips grave yard.
    As soon as I entered the noise of the city fell away.
 This was the quietest place I'd ever been. I almost forgot I was in the middle of Charleston.
                                          Cool shadow.
I thought a lot about my journey in exploring prayer while I was walking through this church yard. I sat down and wrote out some of my thoughts which I will share later. Hope y'all enjoyed my tour of the Market.

4 comments:

  1. Jim and shadow are great. I also like the color and angle of the second market photo. Keep on shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. I always love going to Charleston. What part of South Carolina are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Charleston is my favorite place to vist (next to Savannah) because there is always something going on. I'm in Columbia, you?

    ReplyDelete